The Battles Rage On!

10 Comments »
Album Cover for the Battle Rages On Showing Charlie Louvin Smoking a Cigarette
Charlie Louvin’s “The Battles Rage On” will be released Tuesday, November 9, 2010. The album is available to pre-order now, but will not be shipped until the release date.

The Battles Rage On is a sweeping and emotional collection of war songs dating back to the American Civil War, and includes the talents of special guests Del McCoury and Jamie Dailey.

Louvin, a Country Music Hall of Famer, is revered as a true icon of country music. He began his career as one half of The Louvin Brothers, and has released nearly 20 albums spanning over four decades. His music has influenced such acclaimed artists as Emmylou Harris, Gram Parsons, and The Raconteurs.

The new Charlie Louvin music video featuring Del McCoury, from the True North Records release The Battles Rage Onhttp://vimeo.com/16146471

In 2004, Livin’, Lovin’ Losin’: Songs of the Louvin Brothers a musical tribute to the Louvin Brothers featuring James Taylor, Merle Haggard, Dolly Parton, and Johnny Cash won two GRAMMY® Awards for Best Country Album and, Best Country Collaboration.

10 Responses to “The Battles Rage On!”

1. Fernando says:

My Best whises for Charlie. He’s an american music’s legend.

2. Tea says:

A great album of songs. Good for you Charlie

3. Layne N says:

Dear Charlie,

I”m a big fan. I love all your music, but recently I have been listening to your Gospel Music and no doubt you are saved. You and your brother have made an incredible indelible impact on American music, not just country music. I saw you on the Old Wilburn Brothers show and Country family reunion. The Louvin Brothers are as important to country and Bluegrass music as Jimmie Rodgers, The Stanley’s, Ernest Tubb, Bill Monroe or Hank. I’d like to have seen you on tour with Cheap Trick and other rock bands.
    I’m praying you are healed and can continue with things you enjoy. PEACE.

4. Gary says:

Keep pressing on brother in Christ! Looking forward to hearing you on the 27th.

5. Monte Miller says:

Saw Charlie at the Trubador Theater Sat. night 11/27/2010. Was wondering how he was doing? Thanks Monte

6. Timothy Bullard says:

Thanks for 83 years of music, and life Sir. God couldn’t wait any longer to get you back.

7. Frank Cipriano says:

Heard the sad news today. He’s now in the land where he’ll never grow old. Enjoy, Mr. Louvin. You’re healed. You can rest now.

8. terry wayne hampton says:

I heard the news today and I wonder if he ever realized how much he got to watched me grow from a hard headed kid to a conscienious well rounded man…
    Charlie was truly gifted not only in music, but also had the ability to touch your heart to the core of your soul, by just being the down to earth , sincere and genuine person in mind, body, and spirit,I knew.
    The music venue has lost a legend today and I grieve because I also lost a friend.
    Thank you God for allowing me to know him as an artist,as a man and also as a friend.
    Tenor singer 1980-1990 as a trio member
    Betty,Sonny,Glen and Ken and the rest of the family…
    you are in my prayers tonite
    Terry Hampton

• Roger Seay says:

Terry, The trio of Charlie Louvin, Terry Hampton and Jennifer O’Brien was the best. Sure miss hearing
      them.

9. George Sinclair says:

George Sinclair, Canada

I was sadden yesterday to hear of Charlie’s passing. As a musician in Jeff Barry’s Band (a treasured friend of Charlie’s), I recall playing Charlie’s music during the 60′s and 70′s at gigs we performed at. When former band members performed at a benefit for Jeff (following a serious auto crash), Charlie travelled all the way up to Canada and performed as well, demonstrating what a great humanitarian he was. During these performances, Charlie sang harmony with me on songs I sang that day. What a treat! Charlie may be gone today but will never be forgotten by friends and fans alike. God Bless.
    George Sinclair